What is the antonym of “miseration”?
The antonyms of miseration are indifference and apathy. The antonyms indifference and apathy convey a lack of concern or interest in something. It implies a state of emotional detachment or disinterest.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lack of interest, concern, or sympathy towards something or someone.
She showed complete indifference towards his problems and didn't offer any help.
Lack of emotion, enthusiasm, or interest in something.
His apathy towards his studies resulted in poor grades.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Indifference is a lack of concern or sympathy towards something or someone.
- 2Apathy is a lack of emotion, enthusiasm, or interest in something.
Good things to know
- 1Express Disinterest: Use indifference and apathy to convey a lack of concern or interest in something.
- 2Discuss Attitudes: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to discuss different attitudes towards a topic.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Utilize these antonyms in writing to add variety and depth to your language.