What is the antonym of “misesteeming”?
The antonyms of misesteeming are respecting, valuing, and appreciating. These antonyms convey a positive or approving attitude towards someone or something. They imply a high regard, admiration, or recognition.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To hold in high or special regard; to show consideration or honor for.
I have always respected my grandfather for his wisdom and kindness.
To consider something or someone important, useful, or desirable; to appreciate the worth or significance of.
I value my family's support and love more than anything else in the world.
To recognize and enjoy the good qualities or value of something or someone; to be grateful for.
I appreciate your hard work and dedication to this project.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Respecting implies a high regard or admiration for someone's qualities or achievements.
- 2Valuing suggests that something or someone is important, useful, or desirable.
- 3Appreciating conveys a sense of gratitude or enjoyment for something or someone's good qualities or value.
Good things to know
- 1Express Gratitude: Use respecting, valuing, and appreciating to express appreciation and gratitude.
- 2Show Respect: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to show respect and admiration for others.
- 3Enhance Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create a positive and approving tone.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Respecting conveys admiration, valuing suggests importance, and appreciating expresses gratitude. Use these words to express appreciation, show respect, and enhance writing by creating a positive and approving tone.