What is the antonym of “mismingle”?
The antonyms of mismingle are separate, untangle, and clarify. The antonyms convey the idea of undoing or reversing the action of mingling, which means to mix or blend things together.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To divide or disconnect something into distinct parts or groups.
She used a knife to separate the cake into equal slices.
To free something from knots, twists, or entanglements.
He spent hours trying to untangle the fishing line that got caught in the rocks.
To make something clear or understandable by removing confusion or ambiguity.
The teacher tried to clarify the instructions for the assignment so that everyone could understand them.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Separate implies dividing something into distinct parts or groups, while untangle refers to freeing something from knots or entanglements.
- 2Clarify is a relational antonym that implies making something clear or understandable by removing confusion or ambiguity.
Good things to know
- 1In Cooking: Use separate when dividing ingredients into different bowls or containers. Use untangle when separating tangled food items like spaghetti or noodles.
- 2In Problem Solving: Use clarify to remove confusion or ambiguity in instructions, explanations, or solutions.
- 3In Relationships: Use separate to describe the act of ending a relationship or breaking up. Use untangle to describe the process of resolving conflicts or misunderstandings in a relationship.
The antonyms of mismingle are separate, untangle, and clarify. Use separate to divide things into distinct parts, untangle to free things from knots or entanglements, and clarify to remove confusion or ambiguity. These words can be used in cooking, problem-solving, and relationships.