What is the antonym of “misreward”?
The antonyms of misreward are reward, compensate, and treat well. These words convey the opposite meaning of misreward, which is to give someone a reward or compensation that they deserve.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To give something to someone in recognition of their services, efforts, or achievements.
The company decided to reward its employees with a bonus for their hard work.
To make up for something that was lost, damaged, or lacking.
The airline had to compensate the passengers for the delay by offering them free meals and hotel accommodation.
To behave kindly and respectfully towards someone; to take good care of them.
She always treats me well by cooking my favorite meals and listening to my problems.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Reward implies giving something to someone as recognition for their services, efforts, or achievements.
- 2Compensate implies making up for something that was lost, damaged, or lacking.
- 3Treat well implies behaving kindly and respectfully towards someone and taking good care of them.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use reward and compensate to acknowledge and motivate employees.
- 2Legal: Use compensate to refer to financial settlements or compensations for damages.
- 3Personal: Use treat well to express appreciation and affection towards loved ones.
The antonyms of misreward are reward, compensate, and treat well. Use reward to recognize someone's efforts, compensate to make up for losses or damages, and treat well to show kindness and care towards someone. These words can be used in various contexts such as business, legal, and personal relationships.