What is the antonym of “misted”?
The antonyms of misted are clear, unmistakable, and distinct. These antonyms convey the opposite meaning of misted, which implies a lack of clarity or visibility due to fog, mist, or other atmospheric conditions.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Easily seen, heard, or understood; free from obscurity or ambiguity.
The sky was clear and blue, with no clouds in sight.
Clearly identifiable or impossible to mistake for something else.
The smell of freshly baked bread was unmistakable and made everyone's mouth water.
Easily distinguishable from others; clear and precise.
Her voice had a distinct accent that made her stand out from the crowd.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Clear refers to something that is easy to see, hear, or understand.
- 2Unmistakable describes something that is clearly identifiable and impossible to mistake for something else.
- 3Distinct means something that is easily distinguishable from others and clear in its details.
Good things to know
- 1Weather Reports: Use clear to describe good weather conditions with no clouds or precipitation.
- 2Identification: Use unmistakable to describe something that is clearly identifiable and impossible to mistake for something else.
- 3Descriptions: Use distinct to provide clear and precise details about something or someone.
The antonyms of misted are clear, unmistakable, and distinct. These words convey the opposite meaning of misted and can be used in different contexts such as weather reports, identification, and descriptions. Use clear to describe good weather conditions, unmistakable to identify something clearly, and distinct to provide clear and precise details.