What is the antonym of “money”?
The antonyms of money are debt, poverty, and bankruptcy. These antonyms convey a lack of financial resources or a negative financial state.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
An amount of money owed by one person, organization, or country to another.
He had to take out a loan to pay off his debt.
The state of being extremely poor, lacking the basic necessities of life.
Many people in developing countries live in poverty and struggle to meet their daily needs.
A legal process in which a person or business declares that they are unable to pay their debts.
After his business failed, he had to file for bankruptcy.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Debt refers to the amount of money owed to someone else.
- 2Poverty is a state of extreme financial hardship where basic needs cannot be met.
- 3Bankruptcy is a legal process where a person or business declares that they are unable to pay their debts.
Good things to know
- 1Financial Planning: Use these antonyms to understand the importance of managing finances effectively.
- 2Social Issues: Incorporate these antonyms in discussions about poverty, debt, and bankruptcy.
- 3Business: Utilize these antonyms to discuss financial challenges faced by businesses.