Definitions and Examples of stylish, fashionable, chic
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having or displaying a fashionable or elegant appearance.
She always looks stylish in her designer clothes and accessories.
Following the latest trends or styles in clothing, accessories, or lifestyle.
Wearing a mask has become fashionable during the pandemic.
Elegantly and stylishly fashionable.
The new restaurant has a chic decor that attracts a trendy crowd.
Key Differences: stylish vs fashionable vs chic
- 1Stylish emphasizes elegance and sophistication.
- 2Fashionable emphasizes following the latest trends.
- 3Chic emphasizes both elegance and trendiness.
Effective Usage of stylish, fashionable, chic
- 1Complimenting Appearance: Use stylish, fashionable, and chic to compliment someone's appearance.
- 2Describing Fashion: Use these antonyms to describe clothing, accessories, or lifestyle.
- 3Marketing Products: Incorporate these antonyms in advertising to promote fashion and style-related products.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Stylish emphasizes elegance, fashionable emphasizes following the latest trends, and chic emphasizes both elegance and trendiness. Use these words to compliment someone's appearance, describe fashion, or market fashion and style-related products.