The Opposite(Antonym) of “muttonheaded”
The antonyms of muttonheaded are intelligent and smart. The antonyms intelligent and smart convey a positive and bright intellectual state. It implies a high level of mental capacity, knowledge, and reasoning.
Definitions and Examples of intelligent, smart
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having or showing a high level of mental capacity, knowledge, and reasoning ability.
She is an intelligent student who always scores top grades in her class.
Having or showing quick-witted intelligence or stylishness.
He is a smart businessman who always makes wise decisions.
Key Differences: intelligent vs smart
- 1Intelligent refers to a person's mental capacity, knowledge, and reasoning ability.
- 2Smart refers to a person's quick-witted intelligence or stylishness.
Effective Usage of intelligent, smart
- 1Enhance Communication: Use intelligent and smart to describe people with high mental capacity and quick-witted intelligence.
- 2Show Respect: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to show respect for people's intellectual abilities.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Utilize these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more accurately.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Intelligent refers to mental capacity, knowledge, and reasoning ability, while smart refers to quick-witted intelligence or stylishness. Use these words to enhance communication, show respect for people's intellectual abilities, and enrich your vocabulary.