The Opposite(Antonym) of “neighbourliness”
The antonyms of neighbourliness are unfriendliness and hostility. The antonyms unfriendliness and hostility convey a negative or hostile attitude towards others. It implies a lack of warmth, kindness, or cooperation.
Explore all Antonyms of “neighbourliness”
Definitions and Examples of unfriendliness, hostility
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A lack of friendliness or warmth towards others.
His unfriendliness towards his colleagues made it hard for him to work in a team.
A strong feeling of enmity or antagonism towards someone.
The hostility between the two countries escalated into a full-blown war.
Key Differences: unfriendliness vs hostility
- 1Unfriendliness is a milder term that describes a lack of friendliness or warmth towards others.
- 2Hostility is a stronger term that describes a feeling of enmity or antagonism towards someone.
Effective Usage of unfriendliness, hostility
- 1Social Interaction: Use neighbourliness to describe friendly and cooperative behavior towards others.
- 2Conflict Resolution: Use unfriendliness and hostility to describe negative attitudes that can lead to conflict.
- 3Community Building: Use neighbourliness to promote a sense of community and cooperation among people.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Unfriendliness conveys a milder lack of friendliness, while hostility denotes a stronger feeling of enmity. Use these words to describe social interactions, resolve conflicts, and promote community building.