The Opposite(Antonym) of “news”
The antonyms of news are old news and history. The antonyms old news and history refer to events or information that are no longer current or relevant.
Explore all Antonyms of “news”
- old news
Definitions and Examples of old news, history
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
I already knew about the company's bankruptcy. It's old news.
The study of past events, particularly in human affairs.
History teaches us about the triumphs and failures of our ancestors.
Key Differences: old news vs history
- 1Old news refers to information that was once new but is no longer relevant or interesting.
- 2History refers to the study of past events, particularly in human affairs.
Effective Usage of old news, history
- 1Enhance Communication: Use old news and history to indicate that something is no longer relevant or current.
- 2Show Understanding: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate that you understand the context of a situation.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to add depth and nuance to your descriptions of events and situations.
The antonyms of news are old news and history. Use old news to indicate that something is no longer relevant or interesting, and use history to refer to the study of past events, particularly in human affairs. These antonyms can be used to enhance communication, show understanding, and enrich writing.