The Opposite(Antonym) of “nondesistance”
The antonyms of nondesistance are resistance and opposition. The antonyms resistance and opposition convey a negative or opposing stance towards something. It implies a refusal to comply or a struggle against something.
Definitions and Examples of resistance, opposition
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The act of opposing or withstanding something, often through force or refusal to comply.
The protestors showed resistance against the government's new policy by staging a sit-in demonstration.
The act of resisting or opposing something, often through disagreement or disapproval.
The opposition party criticized the government's decision to increase taxes, calling it unfair and unjust.
Key Differences: resistance vs opposition
- 1Resistance implies an active struggle against something, often through force or refusal to comply.
- 2Opposition implies a more passive stance against something, often through disagreement or disapproval.
Effective Usage of resistance, opposition
- 1Politics: Use resistance and opposition to describe political movements or parties that oppose the ruling government.
- 2Conflict Resolution: Use these antonyms to describe different approaches to resolving conflicts.
- 3Social Issues: Incorporate these antonyms in discussions about social issues to explore different perspectives and viewpoints.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Resistance implies an active struggle against something, while opposition implies a more passive stance against something. Use these words to describe political movements, explore different approaches to conflict resolution, and discuss social issues from different perspectives.