The Opposite(Antonym) of “nonequivalent”
The antonyms of nonequivalent are equivalent, equal, and comparable. These words convey the opposite meaning of nonequivalent, which means not equal or not having the same value, meaning, or effect.
Definitions and Examples of equivalent, equal, comparable
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Equal in value, measure, significance, or effect.
The two products are equivalent in quality and price.
Having the same quantity, size, value, or status as another.
Both teams have an equal chance of winning the championship.
Able to be compared or judged as similar or equivalent in certain respects.
The new model is comparable to the previous one in terms of performance and features.
Key Differences: equivalent vs equal vs comparable
- 1Equivalent implies that two things have the same value, measure, or effect.
- 2Equal refers to two things having the same quantity, size, value, or status.
- 3Comparable means that two things can be compared or judged as similar or equivalent in certain respects.
Effective Usage of equivalent, equal, comparable
- 1Mathematics: Use equivalent and equal to describe mathematical equations and formulas.
- 2Comparisons: Use comparable to compare two or more things in terms of their similarities and differences.
- 3Negotiations: Use equivalent and equal to discuss fair and balanced agreements.
The antonyms of nonequivalent are equivalent, equal, and comparable. Use equivalent to describe things with the same value, equal for things with the same quantity or size, and comparable to compare things in terms of their similarities and differences. These words are useful in mathematics, comparisons, and negotiations.