What is the antonym of “aims”?
The antonyms of aims are abandons and neglects. The antonyms abandons and neglects convey a lack of purpose or intention. It implies giving up on a goal or failing to give it proper attention.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Cease to support or look after someone or something; desert.
He abandoned his plans to start a business and decided to travel the world instead.
Fail to care for properly.
She neglected her studies and ended up failing the exam.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Abandons implies giving up on a goal or leaving it behind, while neglects suggests not giving something proper attention or care.
- 2Abandons is often used in the context of abandoning a plan or project, while neglects is more commonly used in the context of neglecting a responsibility or duty.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use abandons and neglects to expand your vocabulary and express ideas more precisely.
- 2Discuss Goals: Use aims and its antonyms to discuss personal and professional goals.
- 3Highlight Consequences: Use abandons and neglects to describe the negative consequences of giving up on a goal or neglecting a responsibility.