The Opposite(Antonym) of “annihilated”
The antonyms of annihilated are built, constructed, and created. The antonyms built, constructed, and created convey a positive or constructive meaning. It implies the creation or construction of something new.
Definitions and Examples of built, constructed, created
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To construct or assemble something by putting parts or materials together.
The company built a new office building in the city center.
To build or create something by putting parts or materials together.
The architect constructed a beautiful house with a garden.
To bring something into existence; to make something new.
The artist created a masterpiece that was admired by many.
Key Differences: built vs constructed vs created
- 1Built and constructed are synonyms that describe the process of assembling or putting parts together to create something new.
- 2Created is a broader term that describes the act of bringing something into existence, which can be done through various means such as art, writing, or invention.
Effective Usage of built, constructed, created
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express ideas more precisely.
- 2Enrich Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to create vivid descriptions and engaging narratives.
- 3Improve Comprehension: Learn and practice using these antonyms to improve your understanding of English language.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Built and constructed describe the process of assembling parts to create something new, while created is a broader term that refers to bringing something into existence. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, enrich your writing, and improve your comprehension of English language.