What is the antonym of “approximated”?
The antonyms of approximated are precise, accurate, and exact. These words convey the opposite meaning of approximated, which means close to the actual value or amount, but not completely accurate.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Exact, accurate, and careful about details.
The scientist made sure to measure the chemicals with precise accuracy to avoid any errors.
Correct in all details; free from error.
The GPS system provided accurate directions to the destination.
Completely correct or accurate; without any error.
The recipe required exact measurements of ingredients to ensure the perfect taste.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Precise refers to being careful and exact about details.
- 2Accurate means being correct in all details and free from error.
- 3Exact means being completely correct or accurate without any error.
Good things to know
- 1Mathematics: Use precise, accurate, and exact when describing mathematical calculations.
- 2Science: Use these antonyms when discussing scientific experiments and measurements.
- 3Business: Use these words when discussing financial reports and projections.
The antonyms of approximated are precise, accurate, and exact. These words convey the opposite meaning of approximated, which means close to the actual value or amount, but not completely accurate. Use these words in mathematics, science, and business contexts to describe calculations, experiments, and financial reports accurately.