What is the antonym of “arresting”?
The antonyms of arresting are boring, dull, and unimpressive. These words describe something that is not interesting, exciting, or engaging.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not interesting or stimulating; tedious.
The lecture was so boring that most of the students fell asleep.
Lacking interest or excitement; boring.
The party was dull and uneventful, and everyone left early.
Not deserving admiration or respect; not striking.
The magician's tricks were unimpressive and predictable.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Boring suggests a lack of interest or stimulation.
- 2Dull implies a lack of excitement or liveliness.
- 3Unimpressive indicates a lack of admiration or respect.
Good things to know
- 1Improve Writing: Use these antonyms to vary your vocabulary and make your writing more descriptive.
- 2Express Opinion: Incorporate these words in discussions to express your opinion about something.
- 3Evaluate Performance: Use these antonyms to evaluate a performance or presentation.
The antonyms of arresting are boring, dull, and unimpressive. These words describe something that is not interesting, exciting, or engaging. Use them to improve your writing, express your opinion, or evaluate a performance.