What is the antonym of “artless”?
The antonyms of artless are cunning, deceitful, and sophisticated. The antonyms convey a negative or dishonest trait. It implies a lack of honesty, simplicity, or naivety.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having or showing skill in achieving one's ends by deceit or evasion.
He was cunning enough to trick his opponents into revealing their strategy.
Intending to deceive or mislead others.
She was caught in a deceitful act of stealing from her employer.
Having, revealing, or involving a great deal of worldly experience and knowledge of fashion and culture.
The sophisticated art collector could distinguish between original and fake paintings.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Cunning is a term that describes someone who uses deceit or evasion to achieve their goals.
- 2Deceitful is a term that describes someone who intends to deceive or mislead others.
- 3Sophisticated is a term that describes someone who has a great deal of worldly experience and knowledge of fashion and culture.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more accurately.
- 2Detect Dishonesty: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to identify dishonest behavior.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create complex characters and plot twists.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Cunning conveys deceitful behavior, deceitful denotes intentional deception, and sophisticated refers to worldly knowledge. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, detect dishonesty in conversations, and enrich your writing by creating complex characters and plot twists.