What is the antonym of “atrophic”?
The antonyms of atrophic are developing, growing, and flourishing. These antonyms convey a positive or healthy state of growth, development, and progress.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Growing or advancing towards maturity or completion.
The developing technology promises to revolutionize the way we communicate.
Increasing in size, quantity, or intensity.
The growing demand for organic food has led to an increase in its production.
Thriving or prospering; growing vigorously and abundantly.
The company is flourishing due to its innovative products and excellent customer service.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Developing implies growth towards maturity or completion.
- 2Growing implies an increase in size, quantity, or intensity.
- 3Flourishing implies thriving and growing vigorously and abundantly.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use these antonyms to describe the growth and success of a business or industry.
- 2Personal Development: Use these antonyms to describe personal growth and development.
- 3Nature: Use these antonyms to describe the growth and development of plants and animals.
The antonyms of atrophic convey a positive or healthy state of growth, development, and progress. Use developing to imply growth towards maturity or completion, growing to imply an increase in size, quantity, or intensity, and flourishing to imply thriving and growing vigorously and abundantly. These antonyms can be used in various contexts such as business, personal development, and nature.