What is the antonym of “augurs”?
The antonyms of augurs are misjudge and misinterpret. The antonyms misjudge and misinterpret convey a negative or incorrect interpretation of a situation or event. It implies a lack of understanding, insight, or foresight.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To form an incorrect or unfair opinion about someone or something.
He misjudged her abilities and didn't give her the promotion she deserved.
To understand or explain something incorrectly or inaccurately.
She misinterpreted his words as an insult, but he meant it as a compliment.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Misjudge refers to forming an incorrect or unfair opinion about someone or something.
- 2Misinterpret refers to understanding or explaining something incorrectly or inaccurately.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use misjudge and misinterpret to clarify misunderstandings and avoid miscommunication.
- 2Show Humility: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate openness to different perspectives and opinions.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create complex characters and plot twists.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Misjudge refers to forming an incorrect or unfair opinion, while misinterpret refers to understanding or explaining something inaccurately. Use these words to enhance communication, show humility in conversations, and enrich writing by creating complex characters and plot twists.