What is the antonym of “badass”?
The antonyms of badass are timid, weak, and meek. These antonyms convey a lack of confidence, strength, or assertiveness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Showing a lack of courage or confidence; easily frightened.
She was too timid to speak up in front of the large audience.
Lacking physical or mental strength; feeble.
He felt weak after being sick for several days.
Quiet, gentle, and easily imposed on; submissive.
She was too meek to stand up to her boss's unreasonable demands.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Timid describes a lack of courage or confidence, while badass conveys confidence and strength.
- 2Weak denotes a lack of physical or mental strength, while badass implies toughness and resilience.
- 3Meek describes a submissive personality, while badass implies assertiveness and independence.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use these antonyms to describe people's personalities or behaviors effectively.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Storytelling: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create relatable characters and compelling stories.
The antonyms of badass have distinct nuances: timid conveys a lack of courage, weak denotes a lack of strength, and meek implies submission. Use these words to enhance communication, show empathy in conversations, and enrich storytelling by creating relatable characters and compelling narratives.