What is the antonym of “badly”?
The antonyms of badly are well, successfully, and effectively. These antonyms convey a positive or satisfactory outcome. They imply that something was done correctly, skillfully, or competently.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
In a good or satisfactory way; skillfully or competently.
She played the piano well and received a standing ovation from the audience.
Achieving a desired outcome or goal; accomplishing something with favorable results.
He completed the project successfully and received praise from his boss.
In a way that produces the intended or desired result; with efficiency and competence.
The new software program worked effectively and saved the company time and money.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Well describes doing something skillfully or competently.
- 2Successfully describes achieving a desired outcome or goal.
- 3Effectively describes producing the intended or desired result with efficiency and competence.
Good things to know
- 1Improve Communication: Use these antonyms to express positive outcomes effectively.
- 2Enrich Vocabulary: Incorporate these antonyms in writing and speaking to enhance language skills.
- 3Boost Confidence: Use these antonyms to describe personal achievements and successes.
The antonyms of badly convey positive or satisfactory outcomes. Well describes doing something skillfully, successfully describes achieving a desired outcome, and effectively describes producing the intended result with efficiency. Use these antonyms to improve communication, enrich vocabulary, and boost confidence.