What is the antonym of “bandy”?
The antonyms of bandy are agree, concur, and harmonize. These antonyms convey the opposite meaning of bandy, which means to exchange words or arguments in a heated or aggressive manner.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To have the same opinion or belief as someone else; to come to a mutual understanding.
We all agree that the new policy will benefit the company in the long run.
To express agreement or approval; to be of the same opinion.
I concur with your assessment of the situation and think we should proceed accordingly.
To bring into agreement or accord; to make compatible or consistent.
The colors of the room harmonize well with each other, creating a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Agree and concur are synonyms that both mean to have the same opinion or belief as someone else, but concur is more formal.
- 2Harmonize is a relational antonym that means to bring into agreement or accord, while bandy is a gradable antonym that means to exchange words or arguments in a heated or aggressive manner.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use agree, concur, and harmonize to express agreement or approval in a polite and respectful manner.
- 2Resolve Conflicts: Instead of bandying words, try to find common ground and harmonize your opinions to reach a mutual understanding.
- 3Improve Relationships: By learning to agree and concur with others, you can build stronger and more positive relationships.