What is the antonym of “bearance”?
The antonyms of bearance are impatience and intolerance. The antonyms impatience and intolerance convey a lack of tolerance or patience towards something or someone.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lack of patience; a tendency to become frustrated or annoyed when things do not happen quickly enough.
He showed his impatience by tapping his foot and sighing loudly as he waited in the long queue.
Unwillingness to accept or respect beliefs, opinions, or behaviors that differ from one's own.
Her intolerance towards people of different races made it hard for her to make friends.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Impatience is a feeling of frustration or annoyance when things do not happen quickly enough.
- 2Intolerance is a lack of acceptance or respect towards beliefs, opinions, or behaviors that differ from one's own.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use impatience and intolerance to express a lack of tolerance or patience effectively.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Utilize these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and improve your communication skills.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Impatience conveys frustration or annoyance, while intolerance denotes a lack of acceptance or respect. Use these words to enhance communication, show empathy in conversations, and enrich your vocabulary.