What is the antonym of “beauteous”?
The antonyms of beauteous are ugly, unattractive, and plain. These antonyms describe things that are not visually appealing or attractive.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Unpleasant or repulsive in appearance.
The old, abandoned building was ugly and decrepit.
Not pleasing or appealing to the senses, especially the sight.
The new dress looked unattractive on her and didn't flatter her figure.
Lacking adornment or embellishment; simple or ordinary in appearance.
The room was decorated in a plain style with minimal furniture and no decorations.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Ugly is a strong term that describes something unpleasant or repulsive in appearance.
- 2Unattractive is a more neutral term that describes something that doesn't appeal to the senses, especially sight.
- 3Plain describes something that is simple or ordinary in appearance, lacking adornment or embellishment.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Appearance: Use these antonyms to describe the appearance of people, places, or things.
- 2Comparing and Contrasting: Use these antonyms to compare and contrast different things based on their appearance.
- 3Giving Opinions: Use these antonyms to express your opinion about the appearance of something.
The antonyms of beauteous are ugly, unattractive, and plain. These antonyms describe things that are not visually appealing or attractive. Use them to describe appearance, compare and contrast, and give opinions.