What is the antonym of “befuddling”?
The antonyms of befuddling are clarify, enlighten, and explain. These antonyms convey the idea of making something clear or understandable, which is the opposite of befuddling.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To make something clearer or easier to understand.
Can you clarify what you meant by that statement?
To give someone knowledge or understanding about a subject.
I hope this book will enlighten you about the history of our country.
To make something clear or understandable by describing or giving information about it.
Could you explain how to solve this math problem step by step?
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Clarify is used when something is not clear or ambiguous, and you want to make it more understandable.
- 2Enlighten is used when you want to give someone knowledge or understanding about a subject they may not know much about.
- 3Explain is used when you want to make something clear or understandable by providing information or describing it in detail.
Good things to know
- 1In the classroom: Teachers can use these antonyms to help students understand difficult concepts.
- 2In the workplace: Use these antonyms to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients.
- 3In everyday conversation: Use these antonyms to avoid misunderstandings and clarify your thoughts.
The antonyms of befuddling are clarify, enlighten, and explain. These antonyms convey the idea of making something clear or understandable. Use them to communicate effectively, avoid misunderstandings, and clarify your thoughts.