What is the antonym of “belated”?
The antonym of belated are early, prompt, and timely. These antonyms convey the opposite meaning of belated, which means something that is delayed or late.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Happening or done before the usual or expected time.
She arrived early for the meeting, so she had time to prepare her presentation.
Done without delay; on time.
He always pays his bills on time and is known for his prompt payments.
Done at the right or appropriate time; opportune.
The company's timely response to the crisis helped them avoid a major setback.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Early refers to something that happens before the expected time.
- 2Prompt refers to something that happens exactly on time.
- 3Timely refers to something that happens at the right or appropriate time.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use these antonyms to describe events, actions, or situations that happened at different times.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to make it more descriptive and engaging.
- 3Expand Vocabulary: Learn these antonyms to improve your vocabulary and communicate more effectively.