The Opposite(Antonym) of “blamable”
The antonyms of blamable are praiseworthy and commendable. The antonyms praiseworthy and commendable convey a positive or admirable quality. It implies that someone or something deserves praise or recognition.
Definitions and Examples of praiseworthy, commendable
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Deserving of praise or admiration; commendable.
Her dedication to her work is truly praiseworthy, and she deserves all the recognition she gets.
Worthy of praise or approval; deserving of recommendation.
His efforts to help the community are commendable, and he should be recognized for his contributions.
Key Differences: praiseworthy vs commendable
- 1Praiseworthy emphasizes the quality of being deserving of praise or admiration.
- 2Commendable emphasizes the quality of being worthy of recommendation or approval.
Effective Usage of praiseworthy, commendable
- 1Express Gratitude: Use praiseworthy and commendable to express gratitude and appreciation.
- 2Encourage Positive Behavior: Use these antonyms to encourage positive behavior and recognize good deeds.
- 3Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in writing to add variety and depth to descriptions.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Praiseworthy emphasizes the quality of being deserving of praise or admiration, while commendable emphasizes the quality of being worthy of recommendation or approval. Use these words to express gratitude, encourage positive behavior, and improve writing by adding variety and depth to descriptions.