What is the antonym of “blurry”?
The antonyms of blurry are clear, sharp, and distinct. These antonyms describe the opposite of blurry, which is something that is easy to see or understand.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Easy to see, hear, or understand; not blurry or muffled.
The instructions were clear and concise, making it easy to follow.
Having a clear and distinct outline or focus.
The sharp edges of the diamond sparkled in the sunlight.
Easily distinguishable from others; clear and precise.
The sound of the church bells was distinct and could be heard from miles away.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Clear refers to something that is easy to see, hear, or understand.
- 2Sharp describes something that has a clear and distinct outline or focus.
- 3Distinct means something that is easily distinguishable from others and is clear and precise.
Good things to know
- 1Visual Communication: Use clear, sharp, and distinct to describe images or visuals.
- 2Written Communication: Use these antonyms to describe written communication, such as instructions or reports.
- 3Verbal Communication: Use these antonyms to describe speech or sounds.