What is the antonym of “bombproof”?
The antonym of bombproof are vulnerable, unprotected, and insecure. The antonyms convey a lack of safety or protection, implying that something is at risk of harm or damage.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Exposed to the possibility of being attacked or harmed, either physically or emotionally.
The company's financial data was vulnerable to cyber attacks due to weak security measures.
Not shielded or guarded against potential harm or danger.
The workers were not wearing helmets and other protective gear, leaving them unprotected from falling debris.
Not confident or assured; uncertain and anxious about oneself or something.
She felt insecure about her public speaking skills and avoided giving presentations.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Vulnerable implies exposure to physical or emotional harm, while unprotected suggests a lack of defense or shielding.
- 2Insecure refers to a lack of confidence or assurance, while bombproof refers to something that is completely safe and secure.
Good things to know
- 1Discuss Safety: Use these antonyms to talk about safety measures and precautions.
- 2Describe Emotions: Incorporate these words in conversations to describe emotions such as anxiety, fear, and insecurity.
- 3Write Stories: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create tension and suspense.
The antonyms of bombproof convey a lack of safety or protection. Vulnerable implies exposure to harm, unprotected suggests a lack of defense, and insecure refers to a lack of confidence. Use these words to discuss safety, describe emotions, and create tension in storytelling.