What is the antonym of “borne”?
The antonyms of borne are abandoned, discarded, and dropped. These antonyms convey the opposite meaning of carrying or supporting something. They imply leaving something behind, getting rid of something, or letting it fall.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Left behind or deserted.
The abandoned house was overgrown with weeds and vines.
Thrown away or rejected as useless or unwanted.
The discarded toys were piled up in the corner of the room.
To let something fall from one's hand or from a higher to a lower position.
She dropped her phone and cracked the screen.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Abandoned implies leaving something behind without any intention of returning.
- 2Discarded implies getting rid of something because it is no longer useful or wanted.
- 3Dropped implies accidentally or intentionally letting something fall from one's hand or from a higher position.
Good things to know
- 1Vocabulary Building: Learn these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more precisely.
- 2Writing: Use these antonyms in writing to create vivid descriptions and convey different meanings.
- 3Environmental Awareness: Use abandoned and discarded to raise awareness about environmental issues such as littering and waste management.
The antonyms of borne are abandoned, discarded, and dropped. These antonyms have distinct meanings: abandoned implies leaving something behind, discarded implies getting rid of something, and dropped implies accidentally or intentionally letting something fall. Learn these antonyms to expand your vocabulary, use them in writing to create vivid descriptions, and raise awareness about environmental issues.