What is the antonym of “bossed”?
The antonyms of bossed are serve, obey, and follow. These words convey the opposite meaning of bossed, which means to give orders or be in charge of someone.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To work for or provide a service to someone.
As a waiter, his job was to serve customers and take their orders.
To follow instructions or commands given by someone in authority.
Children are expected to obey their parents and teachers.
To go after or come after someone; to adhere to or comply with a set of rules or guidelines.
She decided to follow her dreams and pursue a career in music.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Serve implies providing assistance or performing tasks for someone.
- 2Obey implies following orders or instructions given by someone in authority.
- 3Follow implies going after or adhering to a set of rules or guidelines.
Good things to know
- 1Workplace Communication: Use these antonyms to describe different types of relationships between employees and managers.
- 2Daily Life: Use these antonyms to describe different types of interactions between family members, friends, and acquaintances.
- 3Language Learning: Incorporate these antonyms into your vocabulary to improve your English skills.
The antonyms of bossed are serve, obey, and follow. These words convey different nuances of relationships between people. Use these antonyms to improve your communication skills, describe different types of interactions, and enhance your English vocabulary.