What is the antonym of “brisque”?
The antonyms of brisque are polite, courteous, and gracious. These antonyms convey a positive and polite attitude towards others. They imply a respectful and considerate behavior.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having or showing good manners; respectful and considerate towards others.
She always speaks in a polite tone and never interrupts others while they are speaking.
Showing politeness and respect for others; considerate of their feelings and needs.
He opened the door for her and greeted her with a courteous smile.
Marked by kindness, courtesy, and tact; showing appreciation for others.
She was gracious enough to thank everyone who helped her during the event.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Polite is a general term that describes a respectful and considerate behavior towards others.
- 2Courteous is a more specific term that emphasizes consideration of others' feelings and needs.
- 3Gracious is a term that implies kindness, appreciation, and tact towards others.
Good things to know
- 1Social Interactions: Use these antonyms to show respect and consideration towards others in social situations.
- 2Professional Settings: Incorporate these antonyms in professional settings to convey a positive and polite attitude towards colleagues and clients.
- 3Customer Service: Utilize these antonyms in customer service interactions to provide a pleasant and respectful experience to customers.