What is the antonym of “bumbled”?
The antonyms of bumbled are graceful and smooth. The antonyms graceful and smooth convey a sense of elegance, fluidity, and ease. They are often used to describe movements or actions that are performed with skill and finesse.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having or showing elegance, poise, and smoothness in movement or form.
The ballerina's graceful movements on stage left the audience in awe.
Having an even and regular surface or consistency; free from bumps, lumps, or roughness.
The car's smooth ride made the long journey more comfortable.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Graceful is used to describe movements or actions that are performed with elegance, poise, and smoothness.
- 2Smooth is used to describe surfaces or consistencies that are even, regular, and free from bumps, lumps, or roughness.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use graceful and smooth to describe movements, actions, surfaces, or consistencies.
- 2Enrich Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in narratives to create vivid descriptions and imagery.
- 3Improve Vocabulary: Learn and practice using these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and improve your communication skills.