Definitions and Examples of modesty, humility
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality of being unassuming or moderate in the estimation of one's abilities or achievements.
She showed great modesty when accepting the award, thanking her team for their hard work.
The quality of having a modest or low view of one's importance; humbleness.
Despite his success, he remained grounded and showed humility by helping others.
Key Differences: modesty vs humility
- 1Modesty refers to the quality of being unassuming or moderate in the estimation of one's abilities or achievements.
- 2Humility refers to the quality of having a modest or low view of one's importance.
Effective Usage of modesty, humility
- 1Personal Development: Use these antonyms to cultivate a sense of humbleness and modesty.
- 2Social Interaction: Incorporate these words in conversations to show respect and appreciation for others.
- 3Professional Communication: Utilize these antonyms in professional settings to demonstrate humility and avoid coming across as arrogant.
The antonyms of bumptiousness are modesty and humility. These words describe the opposite of being arrogant or conceited. Use them to cultivate a sense of humbleness and modesty, show respect and appreciation for others, and demonstrate humility in professional settings.