What is the antonym of “bustle”?
The antonyms of bustle are calm and stillness. The antonyms calm and stillness convey a sense of peace, tranquility, and absence of movement or activity.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not showing or feeling nervousness, anger, or other strong emotions; peaceful and free from disturbance.
The lake was so calm that it reflected the mountains like a mirror.
The absence of movement or sound; tranquility.
The stillness of the forest was only interrupted by the occasional chirping of birds.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Calm refers to a state of mind or environment that is peaceful and free from disturbance.
- 2Stillness refers to the absence of movement or sound in an environment.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Writing: Use calm and stillness to create vivid descriptions of peaceful environments.
- 2Express Emotions: Use calm to describe a state of mind that is free from anxiety or stress.
- 3Meditation: Use stillness to describe a state of mind that is free from distractions and noise.
The antonyms of bustle are calm and stillness. Use calm to describe a peaceful state of mind or environment, and use stillness to describe the absence of movement or sound. These words can be used to enhance writing, express emotions, and describe meditative states.