What is the antonym of “callidness”?
The antonyms of callousness are warmth, compassion, and empathy. These words describe the opposite of being indifferent or insensitive to others' feelings. They convey a sense of kindness, understanding, and concern for others.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A quality of being friendly, kind, and affectionate towards others.
She greeted her guests with warmth and made them feel at home.
A feeling of deep sympathy and sorrow for another who is stricken by misfortune, accompanied by a strong desire to alleviate the suffering.
The doctor showed compassion towards his patient and did everything he could to ease her pain.
The ability to understand and share the feelings of another person.
She had a lot of empathy for her friend who was going through a tough time.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Warmth describes a friendly and affectionate attitude towards others.
- 2Compassion refers to a deep feeling of sympathy and sorrow for someone who is suffering.
- 3Empathy is the ability to understand and share the feelings of another person.
Good things to know
- 1Improve Relationships: Use these antonyms to show kindness, understanding, and concern for others.
- 2Express Gratitude: Incorporate these words in thank-you notes or messages to express appreciation for someone's kindness or support.
- 3Enhance Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create relatable characters and compelling stories.