What is the antonym of “cambered”?
The antonyms of cambered are straight and flat. The antonyms straight and flat describe a surface that is level and without curves or bends.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Extending or moving uniformly in one direction without curving or bending.
The carpenter made sure the board was straight before cutting it.
Having a level surface; not curved or sloping.
The tire was flat and needed to be replaced.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Straight refers to a line or object that does not curve or bend.
- 2Flat refers to a surface that is level and without curves or bends.
Good things to know
- 1Construction: Use straight and flat to describe surfaces and lines in construction projects.
- 2Engineering: Incorporate these antonyms in engineering discussions to describe the shape of objects.
- 3Mathematics: Use straight and flat to describe geometric shapes and lines in mathematics.
The antonyms straight and flat describe a surface that is level and without curves or bends. Use these words in construction, engineering, and mathematics to describe the shape of objects and surfaces.