What is the antonym of “caudatory”?
The antonyms of caudatory are critical, disapproving, and condemning. These words convey a negative or unfavorable opinion about someone or something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Expressing disapproval or dissatisfaction; finding fault with something.
The teacher was critical of the student's work, pointing out all the mistakes.
Showing an unfavorable opinion or judgment about someone or something.
Her parents were disapproving of her decision to drop out of college.
Expressing strong disapproval or censure; denouncing something as wrong or evil.
The government issued a condemning statement about the terrorist attack.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Critical implies finding faults or flaws in something, while disapproving suggests a general negative opinion.
- 2Condemning is a stronger term that denotes a severe disapproval or denunciation of something.
Good things to know
- 1Express Opinions: Use these antonyms to express your opinions about something or someone.
- 2Provide Feedback: Use critical to provide constructive feedback on someone's work or performance.
- 3Avoid Offending: Use disapproving or condemning carefully to avoid offending someone.
The antonyms of caudatory are critical, disapproving, and condemning. Use these words to express your opinions, provide feedback, or avoid offending someone. Critical implies finding faults, disapproving suggests a general negative opinion, and condemning denotes severe disapproval.