What is the antonym of “chariness”?
The antonym of chariness is carelessness, recklessness, and generosity. The antonyms carelessness and recklessness convey a lack of caution or attention, while generosity implies a willingness to give or share without hesitation.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lack of attention or caution; not taking proper care.
His carelessness caused the accident.
Lack of concern for the consequences of one's actions; acting without thinking.
His recklessness led to his arrest.
Willingness to give or share; liberal in giving.
Her generosity towards others is well-known.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Carelessness implies a lack of attention or caution, while chariness implies a cautious or hesitant approach.
- 2Recklessness implies a lack of concern for consequences, while chariness implies a careful consideration of risks.
- 3Generosity implies a willingness to give or share, while chariness implies a reluctance to do so.
Good things to know
- 1Business Negotiations: Use chariness to describe a cautious approach to business deals, and generosity to describe a willingness to compromise.
- 2Personal Relationships: Use chariness to describe a hesitant approach to new relationships, and generosity to describe a willingness to share and give in established relationships.
- 3Financial Planning: Use chariness to describe a careful approach to spending and saving, and recklessness to describe an impulsive approach.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Carelessness and recklessness imply a lack of caution or attention, while generosity implies a willingness to give or share. Use these words to describe different approaches to business negotiations, personal relationships, and financial planning. Chariness implies a cautious or hesitant approach, while generosity implies a willingness to give or share.