What is the antonym of “checked”?
The antonym of checked is unchecked, unverified, and uncontrolled. The antonyms unchecked, unverified, and uncontrolled convey a lack of supervision, confirmation, or regulation.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not examined or supervised; not subject to scrutiny or control.
The virus spread rapidly because the contaminated food was unchecked by the authorities.
Not confirmed or proven to be true; lacking evidence or authentication.
The news report was considered unreliable because it was based on unverified sources.
Not regulated or restrained; lacking discipline or order.
The fire spread quickly because it was uncontrolled and there were no firefighters nearby.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unchecked implies a lack of examination or supervision.
- 2Unverified implies a lack of confirmation or proof.
- 3Uncontrolled implies a lack of regulation or restraint.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use these antonyms to describe research findings that are not verified or controlled.
- 2Safety Measures: Incorporate these antonyms in safety guidelines to emphasize the importance of supervision, verification, and control.
- 3Quality Control: Utilize these antonyms in quality control procedures to ensure that products or services meet standards and regulations.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Unchecked implies a lack of examination or supervision, unverified implies a lack of confirmation or proof, and uncontrolled implies a lack of regulation or restraint. Use these words in academic writing, safety measures, and quality control procedures to emphasize the importance of supervision, verification, and control.