The Opposite(Antonym) of “cleared”
The antonym of cleared are unclear, doubtful, and obstructed. These words convey the opposite meaning of cleared, which means to remove or eliminate something that was previously blocking or hindering progress.
Definitions and Examples of unclear, doubtful, obstructed
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not easy to understand or lacking clarity.
The instructions were unclear, so I had to ask for help.
Not certain or confident about something; feeling uncertain or skeptical.
I am doubtful that we will finish the project on time.
Blocked or hindered by an obstacle or barrier.
The road was obstructed by a fallen tree, so we had to take a detour.
Key Differences: unclear vs doubtful vs obstructed
- 1Unclear refers to something that is not easy to understand or lacks clarity.
- 2Doubtful implies a lack of certainty or confidence in something.
- 3Obstructed describes something that is blocked or hindered by an obstacle or barrier.
Effective Usage of unclear, doubtful, obstructed
- 1Improve Clarity: Use cleared and its antonyms to describe the state of a situation or problem.
- 2Express Doubt: Use doubtful to express uncertainty or skepticism about something.
- 3Describe Obstacles: Use obstructed to describe a physical or metaphorical barrier that is blocking progress.
The antonyms of cleared are unclear, doubtful, and obstructed. These words have distinct meanings: unclear refers to a lack of clarity, doubtful implies uncertainty, and obstructed describes a physical or metaphorical barrier. Use these words to improve clarity, express doubt, and describe obstacles.