What is the antonym of “cogenial”?
The antonyms of cogenial are unfriendly, disagreeable, and unsociable. These words describe people or things that are not pleasant, easy to get along with, or sociable.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not kind or pleasant; hostile or unapproachable.
The new neighbor was unfriendly and never returned our greetings.
Not pleasant or enjoyable; causing discomfort or annoyance.
The hotel room had a disagreeable smell that made it hard to sleep.
Not inclined to socialize or interact with others; preferring solitude.
He was always unsociable and rarely attended social events.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unfriendly describes someone who is not kind or approachable, while disagreeable refers to something that is unpleasant or annoying.
- 2Unsociable describes someone who prefers solitude and is not inclined to socialize, while unfriendly and disagreeable describe behavior or things that are not pleasant or easy to get along with.
Good things to know
- 1Social Situations: Use these antonyms to describe people or situations that are not pleasant or easy to get along with.
- 2Describing Characters: Use these antonyms to create distinct personalities for characters in stories or conversations.
- 3Expressing Displeasure: Use these antonyms to express dissatisfaction or annoyance with a situation or person.
The antonyms of cogenial are unfriendly, disagreeable, and unsociable. Use these words to describe people or situations that are not pleasant or easy to get along with, create distinct personalities for characters, or express dissatisfaction or annoyance.