What is the antonym of “collate”?
The antonyms of collate are disarrange, scatter, and separate. These words convey the opposite meaning of collate, which is to collect, arrange, and organize information or items in a specific order.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To disturb the order or arrangement of something.
The wind disarranged the papers on my desk, and I had to spend an hour putting them back in order.
To throw or distribute things in different directions without any order or arrangement.
The children scattered the leaves in the park after jumping into the pile.
To divide or disconnect things that were previously connected or together.
I need to separate the whites from the colors before doing the laundry.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Disarrange implies a disturbance of the order or arrangement of something.
- 2Scatter implies throwing or distributing things in different directions without any order or arrangement.
- 3Separate implies dividing or disconnecting things that were previously connected or together.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more accurately.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these words in your writing to create vivid descriptions and convey precise meanings.
- 3Enrich Learning: Utilize these antonyms to help you understand and remember new words and concepts.
The antonyms of collate have distinct meanings: disarrange implies a disturbance of the order, scatter implies throwing things without order, and separate implies dividing things that were previously together. You can use these words to enhance your vocabulary, improve your writing, and enrich your learning.