What is the antonym of “colorblind”?
The antonyms of colorblind are colorful, chromatic, and polychromatic. The antonyms colorful, chromatic, and polychromatic convey a sense of vividness, brightness, and variety of colors. It implies the ability to see and distinguish different colors.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having many bright or rich colors.
The garden was full of colorful flowers that bloomed in the spring.
Relating to or produced by color.
The artist used a chromatic palette to create a vibrant painting.
Having many different colors; multicolored.
The bird's feathers were polychromatic, reflecting a rainbow of colors in the sunlight.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Colorful describes something that has many bright or rich colors.
- 2Chromatic refers to anything related to color.
- 3Polychromatic describes something that has many different colors.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Art: Use colorful, chromatic, and polychromatic to describe paintings, drawings, and other artworks.
- 2Describing Nature: Use these antonyms to describe the beauty of nature, such as flowers, birds, and landscapes.
- 3Describing Clothing: Use these antonyms to describe clothing that has many colors or patterns.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Colorful describes something with many bright or rich colors, chromatic refers to anything related to color, and polychromatic describes something with many different colors. Use these words to describe art, nature, and clothing.