What is the antonym of “compliable”?
The antonyms of compliable are unyielding, intractable, and disobedient. These words convey a sense of resistance, stubbornness, or disobedience.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not giving way to pressure or persuasion; inflexible.
Despite the team's repeated requests, the manager remained unyielding in his decision.
Difficult to manage, control, or influence; stubborn.
The new employee proved to be intractable and refused to follow the company's policies.
Refusing to obey rules or authority; rebellious.
The child was disobedient and refused to listen to his parents.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unyielding describes a person or thing that is not easily influenced or persuaded.
- 2Intractable describes a person who is difficult to manage or control.
- 3Disobedient describes a person who refuses to obey rules or authority.
Good things to know
- 1Negotiations: Use these antonyms to describe people or situations that are difficult to negotiate with.
- 2Discipline: Use disobedient to describe children or employees who refuse to follow rules or authority.
- 3Conflict Resolution: Use unyielding and intractable to describe people or situations that are resistant to change or compromise.
The antonyms of compliable are unyielding, intractable, and disobedient. These words describe people or situations that are resistant, stubborn, or disobedient. Use these antonyms in negotiations, discipline, and conflict resolution to describe people or situations that are difficult to manage or control.