What is the antonym of “complier”?
The antonyms of complier are rebel and nonconformist. The antonyms rebel and nonconformist convey a negative or opposing attitude towards authority, rules, or societal norms. It implies a lack of compliance or obedience.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A person who resists or opposes authority, control, or tradition.
The rebel leader led a group of protesters against the government's new policy.
A person who does not conform to accepted beliefs, customs, or practices.
The artist was a nonconformist who refused to follow the traditional art style and created his own unique form of expression.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Rebel is a more active term that describes a person who actively resists or opposes authority or control.
- 2Nonconformist is a more passive term that describes a person who simply does not conform to accepted beliefs or practices.
Good things to know
- 1Vocabulary Building: Use rebel and nonconformist to expand your vocabulary and express opposing attitudes.
- 2Social Commentary: Incorporate these antonyms in discussions about social issues and political movements.
- 3Creative Writing: Utilize these antonyms in character development to create complex and interesting personalities.