What is the antonym of “confutable”?
The antonyms of confutable are incontrovertible, indisputable, and undeniable. These words describe something that cannot be disputed, questioned, or challenged.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Impossible to dispute or question; unquestionable.
The evidence presented in court was incontrovertible, leaving no doubt about the defendant's guilt.
Not open to question or argument; beyond doubt or controversy.
The fact that smoking causes lung cancer is indisputable and supported by scientific research.
Impossible to deny or reject; clearly true or evident.
The impact of climate change on the environment is undeniable, and we need to take action to address it.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Incontrovertible emphasizes the impossibility of questioning or disputing something.
- 2Indisputable emphasizes the lack of controversy or doubt surrounding something.
- 3Undeniable emphasizes the clear and evident truth of something.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use these antonyms to strengthen arguments and support claims.
- 2Debates and Discussions: Incorporate these antonyms to emphasize the strength of a position or argument.
- 3News and Media: Utilize these antonyms to describe facts or events that are beyond dispute or controversy.
The antonyms incontrovertible, indisputable, and undeniable describe something that cannot be disputed, questioned, or challenged. Use these words to strengthen arguments, emphasize the strength of a position or argument, and describe facts or events that are beyond dispute or controversy.