What is the antonym of “consolidated”?
The antonyms of consolidated are divided, separated, and fragmented. These words convey the opposite meaning of consolidated, which means to combine or unite into a single entity.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Separated into parts or pieces; not united.
The team was divided on the best approach to solve the problem.
Moved or placed apart; not together.
The couple decided to get separated after years of being together.
Broken into small or disconnected parts; not whole.
The company's strategy was fragmented and lacked coherence.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Divided refers to something that is separated into parts or pieces, while consolidated means to combine or unite into a single entity.
- 2Separated implies that something was once together but is now apart, while consolidated implies that something was once separate but is now together.
- 3Fragmented suggests that something is broken into small or disconnected parts, while consolidated suggests that something has been brought together to form a cohesive whole.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use these antonyms to describe the state of a company, organization, or team.
- 2Politics: Use these antonyms to describe the state of a country or government.
- 3Personal Relationships: Use these antonyms to describe the state of a relationship or family.
The antonyms of consolidated are divided, separated, and fragmented. These words describe the opposite of consolidated and can be used in various contexts such as business, politics, and personal relationships. Remember that divided refers to something separated into parts, separated implies something that was once together but is now apart, and fragmented suggests something broken into small parts.