What is the antonym of “corner”?
The antonyms of corner are center and middle. The antonyms center and middle refer to the central part of something, while corner refers to the outermost part of something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The point that is equally distant from every point on the circumference of a circle or sphere.
The bullseye is located at the center of the dartboard.
The point or part equidistant from the extremities or outer edges.
The teacher stood in the middle of the classroom to get everyone's attention.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Center refers to the exact middle point of something, while middle refers to the area between two extremes.
- 2Corner refers to the outermost part of something, while center and middle refer to the innermost part.
Good things to know
- 1Spatial Relations: Use corner to describe the outermost part of an object or space, and center or middle to describe the innermost part.
- 2Navigation: Use center or middle to give directions to a location, and corner to describe a specific location within that area.
- 3Design: Use center or middle to create balance and symmetry in design, and corner to create emphasis or contrast.
The antonyms center and middle refer to the innermost part of something, while corner refers to the outermost part. Use these words to describe spatial relations, give directions, and create balance and emphasis in design.