What is the antonym of “costless”?
The antonyms of costless are expensive, costly, and pricey. These words convey the opposite meaning of costless, which means without cost or free.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Costing a lot of money; high-priced.
The designer bag was too expensive for her budget.
Involving a high expense or sacrifice; expensive.
The company's decision to expand its operations was costly but necessary for growth.
Expensive; costing a lot of money.
The restaurant's menu was pricey, but the food was worth it.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Expensive is a general term that describes something that costs a lot of money.
- 2Costly implies that something involves a high expense or sacrifice.
- 3Pricey is a more informal term that means something is expensive.
Good things to know
- 1Shopping: Use these antonyms when discussing prices of products or services.
- 2Business: Incorporate these antonyms in business discussions related to expenses, budgets, and investments.
- 3Travel: Utilize these antonyms when discussing travel expenses and accommodation costs.
The antonyms of costless are expensive, costly, and pricey. These words convey the opposite meaning of costless, which means without cost or free. Use these words in shopping, business, and travel contexts to discuss prices, expenses, and budgets.